The Mission of Fresno County Women Lawyers
The purpose of FCWL is to promote the interests of the legal community in general and women in particular. FCWL does this by offering monthly luncheons on legal topics of interest and providing MCLE credits, coordinating charitable fundraising events focused on women’s issues, honoring and celebrating legal professionals who advance women’s issues, and by offering an opportunity for legal professionals to learn leadership skills by participating on the board and committees.
The primary membership area shall include Fresno County, and surrounding Counties, including, but not limited to Madera, King, Tulare, Kern and Merced.
Message from the president
I would like to personally welcome you to the Fresno County Women Lawyers!
My name is Regina K. Chessari and it is my honor to serve as the President of the Fresno County Women Lawyers for 2023. I am a Fresno native who recently returned to the Central Valley to be closer to family after practicing civil legal services in New York City for over 8 years. I am currently working as a defense attorney with the Fresno County Public Defender’s Office and I am the mother of two small children.
In the coming year, FCWL has several exciting educational and social events planned that we hope will continue to support women in our community, including:
- MCLE Luncheons – We are hoping to return to in-person luncheons and we encourage our members to submit preferences on topics they find meaningful and informative.
- Happy Hours & Networking Events – these events are intended to be fun networking events to get our members together outside the typical work setting and help build a cohesive network of women to support other women in the legal community and beyond. As a working mother, I plan to include family-friendly networking events on our calendar.
- Judicial Reception – We hold our judicial reception in the late spring to honor new women judges. The date and time are to be announced.
- Hanson Award Dinner – This popular event is held in honor of Justice Pauline Hanson, honoring women attorneys who are making a difference in our community. We also award an annual scholarship to a well-deserving law student that exemplifies the ideals of FCWL.
- Volunteer & Philanthropy Opportunities – Each year, FCWL supports a philanthropic organization through donations of volunteer time and resources. Last year, our organization supported Terry’s House with a donation drive.
We also have some exciting new programs we hope to implement this year! We will continue to host our annual events, and as President, I hope our members have greater involvement with our organization, including attendance of quarterly general membership meetings.
If you would like to join our listserv, please email your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. You can also follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram at fresno_county_women_lawyers.
Again, welcome to what I hope is going to be an amazing and inspiring year!
Regina K. Chessari
MCLE Luncheon Dates
January 31, 2023 – Elimination of Bias
April 25, 2023
June 27, 2023
August 29, 2023
October 24, 2023
May 17, 2023 (tentative)
September 28, 2023 (tentative)
want to sponsor this fcwl website?
Get your logo seen throughout this website by contacting us here